September (9/15) Chapter Meeting
Did I Hear You Say What I Think You Meant?
From workplace incivility to bullying to harassment, many workplace conflicts begin with a (not-so) simple misunderstanding. This program focuses on common bases of workplace misunderstandings; sources of conflict and strategies for creating and maintaining positive employee relations and a more inclusive workplace.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Name and describe at least two bases of misunderstandings, misperception and/or miscommunication.
- Compare and contrast communication skills and conflict management strategies to enhance employee relations.
- Explain how factors like power, influence, trust and competition can adversely impact working relationships.
- Johari’s Window
- How Perception Impacts Communication
- Creative Thinking
- How Power, Influence, Trust & Competition Impact Working Relationships
- Workplace Bullying
- The Three D’s of Bystander Intervention
- Effective Conflict Management Strategies
Christine V. Walters, JD, MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – Sole Proprietor, FiveL Company
Ms. Walters has been engaged as an expert witness for the defense, presented at conferences across the country, testified before U.S. Congressional and state legislative committees and federal administrative agencies. Ms. Walters has been interviewed and quoted in a variety of media including television, radio, and print media. Her first book, “From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations” has been a SHRM Store “Great 8” best-seller for seven consecutive years!
See attached full bio for more information.Register Now
$0.00 Member Registration
$20.00 Non-Member Registration